Content Management System (CMS)
Content is being generated at a furious pace and as a logical fallout, Content Management has become an enterprise wide issue to be handled with a sound strategy
A CMS (Content Management System) can be perceived as a hybrid technology of website maintenance and document management system – The delivery, addition, modification or deletion of new or updated content can be achieved simultaneously from different points. Web is being ruled by the introduction of new content every second and in this situation, if we are burdened with a monolithic structure. The management of content should be flexible and systematic.
Some of the fundamental features of a standard CMS are:
- Completely database driven site engines
- News, products, or services sections fully editable and manageable
- Topics sections can be added to by contributing Authors
- Fully customisable layouts including left, center, and right Menu boxes
- Browser upload of images to your own library for use anywhere in the site
- Dynamic Forum/Poll/Voting booth for on-the-spot results
- Import of multi-formatted documents – text, graphics, videos, music..
- Allocate different privilege or roles to different users of the website – admin, author,
- Presence of an alert or notification system where managers or admin are informed of any changes to the existing content
- Version control is also one of the basic features of a standard CMS. It gives the site administrator a complete control over the management of document versions
- A standard CMS is supported by a centralized archive where all the published documents are stored. This facilitates a rapid search facility for documents within the site
- At present, most of the CMS are equipped with a robust editing system which gives the content creator a complete control over the formatting of the documents
- Change order of objects including news, FAQs, Articles etc.
- Random Newsflash generator
- Remote Author submission Module for News, Articles, FAQs, and Links
- Object hierarchy - as many Sections, departments, divisions, and pages as you want
- Image library - store all your PNGs, PDFs, DOCs, XLSs, GIFs, and JPEGs online for easy use
- Automatic Path-Finder. Place a picture and let the CMS ! fix the link
- News Feed Manager. Choose from over 360 News Feeds from around the world
- E-mail a friend and Print format available for every story and Article
- In-line Text editor similar to any basic word processor software
- User editable look and feel
- Polls/Surveys - Now put a different one on each page
- Custom Page Modules. Download custom page Modules to spice up your site
- Template Manager. Download Templates and implement them in seconds
- Layout preview. See how it looks before going live
- Banner Manager. Make money out of your site
Why do you need a CMS?
Any business owner who knows the importance of content will acknowledge that a CMS is an
indispensable tool for the website..
- If you change the content of your site is changed very frequently, then you are in urgent need of a CMS
- Do you make changes to your website when the world is sleeping or when you have just a couple of minutes to make the changes
- You have a content based site which has more than 1000 pages and the content is being changed every minute by team members from around the world – How do you manage the consistency and confidentiality?
- The maintenance cost of large & medium sites is a big constraint on the budget. A CMS not only reduces the maintenance cost but it also manages the content more effectively.
- And the most important factor from a business perspective – Do you have a global team with the authority to change the site content. A CMS is indispensable for a global content delivery and management
What we Offer..
Every client and project is unique and they require a custom content management system solution.
Ninja specializes in delivering flexible and scalable content-centric applications suited to customers'
specific requirements. The major features of our CMS offering are